One.

"Wow, I'm really broke."

"I am unalterably single and will soon begin collecting cats."

"Those shoes cost how much?"

"Do I actually want to major in that?"

"Gymtimidation is real."

"I can't be the only one having this problem. Right? Right."

are thoughts that have doubtless crossed the minds of many a college girl on several occasions during her time at university. We're all collectively told that college will be the best four years of our lives (and I'll gladly admit that there's some truth to that statement), but when it comes to navigating details like living on a budget, getting exercise other than walking to a Redbox, eating food that isn't Panda Express, and successfully dating in an environment where murky terms like "polyamory" and "open relationship" are actually a thing, a lot of us (myself included) are left totally confused, stood up, or broke.

That's why I started this blog. After two years of successes, mistakes, and tragically awkward encounters in college, I've come to the realization that college isn't always glamorous or easy- it's a lot of work, tough decisions, and growing up. And ramen. Lots and lots of ramen.

This year, I'm really taking strides to manage my finances, date smarter and more often, put together outfits other than leggings and a tall tee, figure out my career path, actually learn how to use that weird torture device machine at the recreation center, and share stories of other college women who are planning to go into tons of different fields. That includes stories of grad/med/law school students and advice on the most efficient way to apply to undergrad.

Because I want this blog to reflect the actual lives of college women, all photos posted will be taken with my phone camera (unless otherwise noted) and edited with filters on apps that are available for purchase on the App Store. The clothes will be from stores we can all afford to shop in without blowing our budgets (Forever 21, Target, Old Navy, H&M, Gap- on sale- etc.), and I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on huge sales that happen online or in stores. I own precisely one MAC product- Ruby Woo lipstick- and one Clinique product- their Stay Matte foundation. Everything else will mostly come from affordable brands that could even work as dupes for luxury brands.

It's going to be a crazy year. Hopefully you'll stick around to see how I do.

Got an idea for a post, or just want to give an opinion? Hit me up in the comment section below!

Comments

Popular Posts